29 November 2016 by Simon Osborn
Several members of the family team at Fisher Jones Greenwood are members of Resolution, a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way. But with the resolution code of practice having been recently revised, what does it really mean?
Resolution membership is about the approach taken to our work. This means that as Resolution members, our experts will always seek to reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation, support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first and act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
We know that clients reach the best outcomes when they are helped to understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions. This is why we use experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
Our Resolution members have signed up to a Code of Practice that will demonstrate to clients the approach that they will always take. The Code promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.
If you decide to work with one of our Resolution members, this means:
- Listening to you, being honest with you and treating you with respect.
- Explaining all the options and giving you confidence to make the right decisions.
- Helping you focus on what’s important in the long-term.
- Helping you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Working with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Managing stress in what can be an already stressful situation.
Because they are signed up to the Resolution Code, our experts work with a network of other like-minded professionals, including mediators, financial planners and family consultants, to make sure they are helping my clients find the right approach for them.
Our Resolution Members are:
RT @FJGFoundation: Join us for a night at the races with the FJG Foundation - Friday 5th May, 7.30pm at the Colchester Masonic Hall #charit…2 days