We recognise that divorce can be a stressful time, both emotionally and financially. That's why QualitySolicitors FJG has designed a new fixed price service to give you certainty about the cost you will pay for a divorce.
Where the marriage has broken down and both parties cooperate, we can offer you the following fixed price services.
Petitioner (the person applying for the divorce) £600.00
includes VAT at 20%
Court Fees £385.00
Total Cost £985.00
Respondent (the person receiving the divorce papers)
includes VAT at 20%
Total Cost £420.00
What Fixed Price Divorce includes:
- From taking initial instructions to the final conclusion of Decree Absolute.
- An initial interview of up to half an hour (or if you wish we can send you a questionnaire so that you can provide information by e-mail or post).
- Advising you of the documentation and information we need.
- Preparing all of the documentation.
- Corresponding with the Court.
- Corresponding with the other Party or their Solicitor.
What Fixed Price Divorce does not include:
- Where proceedings are defended.
- Where the other Party cannot be found or located.
- Where either Party is a non-resident of the UK.
- Disputes relating to children, domestic violence or of a financial nature.
- Attendance at Court (very rare)
- Amending the papers after they have been issued to the Court.
- Representing you in disputes about costs or enforcing costs orders.
Additional costs that you may have to pay:
- If you do not have a certified marriage certificate and a duplicate needs to be obtained.
- If the other Party does not cooperate in returning the Acknowledgement of Service of the Divorce Petition and it is necessary to either instruct a bailiff to personally serve them with the documents or to apply to the Court for an order that the divorce papers are deemed to have been served.
- If the government increases the Court fees payable or the rate of VAT which we are required to charge on our services
We are happy to extend the initial half hour interview up to an hour at an additional charge of £50.00 (inclusive of VAT) to include initial advice on matters relating to children, domestic violence or of a financial nature but further work in these areas is not included in the fixed fees.
Where additional services are required outside our fixed fee scheme, we are happy to provide these at our usual professional hourly rate. We will provide you with an estimate of the costs of providing these additional services so that you are aware of how much these will be.