Meet the Floccers
FLOCC was founded in 2007 by a group of Trainee Solicitors from various Colchester law firms. The primary aim of the organisation was to provide all Trainees, Paralegals, Legal Executives and Legal Secretaries, as well as others in similar positions within the legal profession with opportunities for networking and conferencing as well as offering general support, with a view to uniting and supporting the future lawyers of Colchester and Chelmsford.
Since its founding in 2007, FLOCC went on to become an integral facet of Colchester’s legal society. However, in July of 2009, due to the progression of its founding members and development within the legal profession, FLOCC was unable to continue and was duly disbanded.
FLOCC was then re-established in the summer of 2012 where it flourished for another year under the second generation of members. Holding numerous popular socials and sending out the seasonal newsletter, it was a great success before duly disbanding once again for the same reasons.
Now though, the third generation of future lawyers has arrived and FLOCC is ready to thrive once again. With new aspirations and visions for the organisation as well as restoration of the principles and ethics upon which the organisation was originally founded, FLOCC intends to bring the legal community of the local areas together and help everyone to network and support each other in the profession.
Our vision for FLOCC is essentially the same: to provide a network of support for the local area’s latest and up-and-coming legal professionals. We will be releasing a quarterly newsletter including various relevant articles, guidance and other useful information designed to help young professionals in the Colchester and Chelmsford areas, as well as providing support through our own website with links to our facebook, twitter and linkedin pages and profiles.
In addition, we are in the process of organising various social and networking events to aid communication between those future lawyers who are all effectively in the same professional position. Our aim, by bringing similarly-situated people together, is that we can help encourage and support all involved by way of facilitating an exchange of information and advice with others in the same position.
We hope that this affirmation and support will ultimately conserve and solidify relationships between all of the various legal firms in the area and increase inter-firm support and contact in the hope of promoting and cross-selling each particulars firms strengths and expertise.
This is a great opportunity to develop strong links locally, and to have access to some great support and resources, as well as socialising and having some fun and we hope that you will join us and contribute to the vision we have for the Future Lawyers of Colchester and Chelmsford.
Our informal drinks are held quarterly on a Friday evening and are a great way to meet and catch up with other future lawyers in and around Colchester.
Forthcoming events are in bold:
- FLOCC Drinks – Friday, 27th February 2015, 6:30pm, Three Wise Monkeys, Colchester High Street
- FLOCC Drinks – Friday, 26th June 2015, 6:30pm Missoula, 7 Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 6JE
- FLOCC Drinks – Friday, 30th October 2015, 6:30pm, Three Wise Monkeys, Colchester High Street
- FLOCC Drinks – Thursday 28th January 2016, 6:30pm, Missoula, 7 Springfield Road, Chelmsford. Essex CM2 6JE
- FLOCC Drinks – Thursday, 10th March 2016. 6:30pm, Three Wise Monkeys, Colchester High Street
- FLOCC Quiz – Friday, 10th June 2016, 7:30pm, The Bunting Rooms, Essex St, Colchester CO1 1NF
- FLOCC Drinks – Thursday 25th August 2016, 6.30pm, Saracens Head Hotel, 3 High street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1BE
- FLOCC Drinks – Friday, 27th January 2017. 6:30pm, Three Wise Monkeys, Colchester High Street
- FLOCC Quiz – Friday, 9th June 2017, 7.30pm – 8pm start, The Bunting Rooms, Essex St, Colchester CO1 1NF
- FLOCC Drinks – Friday, 1st September 2017, Missoula, 7 Springfield Road, Chelmsford. Essex CM2 6JE
- FLOCC Drinks – Friday, 26th January 2018. Three Wise Monkeys, Colchester High Street
On the 10th June 2017, FLoCC held their second annual charity quiz night after the success of their inaugural quiz night in 2016. The evening again proved to be highly successful with over 10 teams entering and smashing, in fact almost doubling the total raised last year. This year teams ranged from family and friends of FLoCC to co-workers, trainees, paralegals and solicitors from local firms and a team from the charity, all attempting to take home the coveted clever little FLoCCer trophy. This year, FLoCC offered a quiz with a difference, including unique rounds, mystery prizes and of course a raffle with prizes ranging from a BBQ to a water gun!
The night was without a doubt a fantastic success, with the winning team including one of FLoCC’s newest members, Lisa!
An amazing sum of £732 was raised, this year for a great charity, the Shelley Centre for Therapeutic Riding. The centre is run almost solely by volunteers and aims is to provide riding or carriage driving to benefit the health and well-being of adults and children with disabilities. They were delighted with the donation and so was their horse Paryes!
Take a look at our second edition of the top tips for managing stress at work in our latest newsletter: https://t.co/W0HXW3T8lG2 weeks