The idea is simple: by continuing to raise money throughout the year with sponsored events and fundraising initiatives, we can support and make a positive difference to more worthy causes than ever before. All the money we raise will go back to the communities in which we operate.
Please take some time to read through our objectives as this will give you an idea of who we would like to help and why. If you would like to apply for a small grant (typically between £250-£500), then make sure you meet the application criteria and follow the procedures outlined on the apply for funding tab.
If you would like to see who has donated so far, or read about some of the fund-raising activities we will be involved in, then please take a look at our Foundation tabs across the top of this page. This will also give you some information about the Trustees, the objectives of the Foundation and how you can donate too.
We are fully registered with the UK Charities Commission and our charity registration number is 1153469.
FJG Foundation – Objectives
- To raise money and provide funds to those who meet the application criteria of the Foundation.
- To assist those who inspire children and young people through sporting and recreational activities
- To assist those who seek to improve the quality of life of disadvantaged children and young people through sport and recreational activities
- To assist those who support and develop sporting and recreational amenities in the local community.
Take a look at the up and coming events for the FJG Foundation…
Race Night, Friday 5th May 2017, Masonic Hall – Colchester – click here for more information
Other up and coming events in the Colchester area…
Colchester Youth Awards “Our Youth, Their Future”, tbc – click here for more information
Apply for funding
Firstly, make sure that you meet the funding criteria below. If you are sure that you do, then you can apply for funding by filling in the form on this page.
Please be aware that Trustees have very wide discretion in how they choose to manage and distribute the Foundation’s funds. We are of course governed by our Objectives and Charity Law, but the Foundation does not work on the basis of rigid eligibility criteria. We aim to fulfil our Objectives carefully and consistently and our overreaching aim is to benefit those charitable and worthy causes in our locality.
It is not necessary to be a registered charity to apply for funding. However, we can only support your application if it meets our application criteria set out below.
- Donations are designed to be made to smaller community projects with a focus on sporting and recreational amenities to benefit children and young people.
- The Foundation will only consider appeals for donations from organisations operating within and/or including the Essex and Tendring communities
- Applications must be for a project with a specific and defined outcome.
- Donations will not be made to individuals, nor to those with an individual need.
The FJG Foundation are proud to have donated to 25 causes to date:
- St Joseph’s School
- St James Pre School
- St James School – Magna Carta project
- Dedham Primary School – Pedometer Challenge
- Tom Bowdidge Foundation
- Papworth Trust
- African families in the UK
- Stubbers Adventure Centre
- Mistley Kids Club
- Esssex Junior Squash Club
- Phoenix Swimming Group
- Witham All Star Majorettes
- Harwich Horse Rangers Association
- Colchester Gladiators
- Cirdan Sailing Trust – voyage of discovery fund for disadvantaged young people
- West Mersea Cricket Club
- Essex Boys & Girls Club
- 1st Magdalen Wood Brownies
- 1st Bures Scout Group
- 2nd Langham Scout Group
- 7th Colchester Scout Group
- 17th Colchester Guides
- Clacton Rugby Club
- Little Dragons Pre-School
- Myland Primary
- Brooklands FC Under 9’s
We were delighted to present a cheque to @brooklandsyfc #Colchester for the Under 9’s squad football kit. It is the… https://t.co/w23OpobH3C4 months