Repossessed One Hyde Park flat sells for £5 million
7 October 2013 by Leon Pascal
The first repossessed flat at London’s most expensive residential development has sold for £5 million.
After being bought off-plan in 2007 for £3.7m, the fourth floor flat at London’s One Hyde Park was sold last week for close to the £5.25m asking price just three weeks after being put on the market.
The one-bedroom flat previously belonged to bankrupt Irish property developer Ray Grehan who is being pursued by Ireland’s National Asset Management Agency for debts of over £250m.
It is understood that a Middle-Eastern buyer acquired the property as a buy-to-let investment. Despite being one of five bids that were near the asking price, the agents who handled the sale confirmed that the buyer was able to offer a quick exchange which gave certainty for the seller.
Once the mortgage in favour of Barclays is discharged the National Asset Management Agency will receive 85% of the sale proceeds with the remaining 15% going to Mr. Grehan’s estranged wife Geraldine.
For any commercial property needs, get in touch with our expert team today, based across Essex and London, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you know what to do if you're injured in a public place? Download our handy guide here: https://t.co/AmcOK5A7Ls https://t.co/mO18NcOCGo2 hours