“Drop in” to our Wills and Probate “Drop in” Clinic
18 January 2017 by James Bird
Another year has passed and new opportunities are on the horizon in 2017. Of course with every new year comes the phase of New Year Resolutions with some of us making realistic ones which we are able to follow through on whilst others tend to “forget” about them shortly after making them. Some readers may recall that this time last year I did a blog about making your New Year resolution to be making a Will if you do not have one (and if you do have one, then to review it if it is more than 5 years old). I will simply refer you back to this as opposed to restating everything here – but it is still just as important this year as it was last year.
Whilst Wills are certainly an important aspect of this teams work, there is so much more that this department incorporates and can help individuals with. This blog won’t bore you with the nitty gritty details of what services we can provide. Instead, I am simply hoping to raise awareness of our Wills and Probate clinic which we offer every Thursday morning from 10am until 1pm.
Our Wills clinic is a drop in service where no appointment is necessary and you are able to have 15 minutes with a solicitor who can answer any questions which you may have on a Wills, Trusts or Probate issue. Whilst it will not provide you with in depth specific legal advice on a matter, it can help give general advice and point you in the right direction. Our Wills clinic can help provide advice on the following;
- Drafting a Will – especially if there has been a change in your circumstances recently such as marriage, divorce, having children or the unfortunate loss of a loved one
- Lasting Powers of Attorneys (LPA’s) – these are vital if you wish for a loved one to be able to make important decisions on your behalf in respect of your property and affairs and even your own health. We aim to help explain what these are and the benefits of these.
- Administration of estates and what the way forward in the process is – the loss of a loved one is a tough time for anyone and we aim to help bear the burden of dealing with the estate.
- Inheritance tax – nobody likes to hear the word “tax” but we help to explain what this mystery really means for you.
- And pretty much any aspect of Wills, Trusts and Probates that you could think of!
Of course the big question on everyone’s mind in January – how much does this cost? Our Wills clinic is absolutely FREE! Simply drop in to one of our offices on a Thursday Morning to have a free 15 minute appointment. The Wills clinic is held in our Billericay, Chelmsford, Clacton and Colchester Business Park Offices.
If you have any questions which you would like to ask, then please feel free to drop in on a Thursday morning. If you wanted you could even make this your New Year’s Resolution – it would only be 15 minutes after all. We hope to see you there soon!
RT @LawSocietyFAS: Make sure those you love the most are always protected, no matter what happens. Talk to a solicitor about including your…3 hours
The importance of having a Home Buyers Report or RICS Building Survey carried out is crucial to every purchase tran… https://t.co/0TBtNXGvC61 day