Essex law firm soars to success with new Legal500 results
11 October 2017 by Marketing Team
Fisher Jones Greenwood has announced another excellent set of results in the newly released Legal500 rankings. The firm has six practice areas ranked, three of those in the top tier with the Commercial Property team moving up to top tier for the first time.
In addition, the firm have 23 recommended lawyers, with three “Leading Individuals” and six “Next Generation Lawyers” – more individual mentions than ever. After responding to feedback, the Legal500 looked to identify “the depth of lawyers below the senior partners” introducing the “Next Generation Lawyer” accreditation for 2017.
All of the FJG practice area rankings for 2017 in detail are below:
- The “excellent” Commercial Real Estate team led by the “responsive and efficient” Ellen Petersen” have moved up to the first tier in 2017 bolstered by Leon Pascal being awarded “Next Generation Lawyer”. The department is praised as “forward-thinking and positive” and has been supported by the launch of FJG’s new planning consultancy.
- The Commercial Litigation and Family teams retained their first-tier rankings. Described as a “very open and up-front” family law practice, the family team also sees Simon Osborn retain his ‘Leading Individual’ status and newly appointed Partner, Rachel Earnshaw join him as a “Next Generation Lawyer”.
- The Chelmsford based Commercial team retain their second-tier ranking and are recognised for their “excellent support at all levels”. Head of the team, Tony Fisher, is once again celebrated as a “Leading Individual”.
- Noted as the ‘biggest selling point’ of the Commercial team is “a broad spread of expertise across all subject matters within the dental and pharmacy sector” with knowledge that is ”second to none”. The head of dental acquisitions, Leah Groves, has also been awarded “Next Generation Lawyer”, recognising her expertise in this field.
- Intellectual property is another specialist area where recognition was given to Ashton Carter, the “highly responsive” Partner being noted as another “Next Generation Lawyer”.
- Ranked again at the second tier the Immigration team, led by “Recommended Lawyer”, Ashlee Campbell, is prized as having “a deep level of knowledge”. The team is also one that “fully understands the moving parts concerning legal jurisprudence, government policy, and international affairs”.
- The “very good and efficient” Wills, Life Planning & Probate team uphold their third-tier ranking with two associates Andrea Godfrey and the “helpful and compassionate” Amy Burton, being awarded “Next Generation Lawyers” for the first time.
A comment from the Managing Partner
Paula Fowler, Managing Partner at FJG, commented on the rankings: “I am extremely pleased with the terrific set of rankings in the Legal500 this year. These tremendous results recognise the experts we have in the various fields of law.
“As an innovative and progressive law firm, I am incredibly proud that some of our newly appointed and younger partners and associates have been recognised for the first time this year with the new “Next Generation Lawyer” accreditation. As ever, we aim to maintain and improve these rankings for 2018”.
Did you spot FJG's article about our @thelegal500 2021 results in the latest edition of Business East? #Legal500… https://t.co/psXTCaXSN59 hours
Congratulations to our 2 recommended individuals, Tony Fisher and Simon Osborn for their recognition in the… https://t.co/k9Qf7yS1zF1 day