The benefits of gifting to a charity in your Will
6 April 2021 by Andrea Godfrey
The Law Society has published the results of their recent research which shows that few people actually leave a gift to charity in their Will.
A survey conducted after the first lockdown restrictions eased indicates that just over half (59%) of the 1000 people surveyed do not actually have a Will. Of those who did have a Will, only 20% had included a charity to be a beneficiary in their Will.
FJG’s charitable Will Scheme
This is one of the reasons why Fisher Jones Greenwood Solicitors made a decision in 2020 to embark on their charitable Will scheme. It has seen tremendous success and over £9.3 million has been raised by FJG and our wonderful clients to date by way of pledges.
The charitable Will scheme is very straightforward.
- We do not charge for Wills and in return, we simply ask that you consider making a donation or leaving a gift to a charity in your Will.
- We do not care how much the gift is or what charity you choose.
- There are no hidden catches or fees.
- It relates to all Wills and you do not even have to be an existing client of the firm and there are no age restrictions.
- The scheme is a success because so many of our clients would not have donated to charity in their Will if it was not for the FJG campaign.
- It does not restrict your choice of charities so a lot of local and smaller charities have benefited as well.
Why should you use a Solicitor to prepare a Will?
Using a Solicitor to prepare your Will ensures that it is prepared in accordance with the law but more importantly your wishes. In addition, our team can explain how gifting to charity can also have tax benefits and savings.
Make your Will today…
If making a Will or updating an existing Will is something you have put off until now then please contact a member of our Wills, Life Planning, and Probate team, call 01206 700113, or email [email protected].
Our care home partners want you to know that while in their care, they have spent time getting to know their reside… https://t.co/FQlK8gpckA11 hours
Emma made LPAs in her 30s. Five years later, Emma was sadly diagnosed with cancer. Find out how having Lasting Powe… https://t.co/pQ1beManaE11 hours