Essex Community Foundation – Essex Coronavirus Response and Recovery Programme
1 April 2020 by Marketing Team
The Essex Community Foundation (ECF), a leading and independent supporter of local charities and voluntary groups, has launched a funding programme to help organisations during the coronavirus pandemic. ECF, together with community foundations across the UK, will also be distributing funds raised by the National Emergencies Trust.
What is an emergency grant?
The purpose of the Essex Coronavirus Response and Recovery Programme is to get help quickly to voluntary and community organisations that are in crisis as a result of the pandemic and need emergency funding to keep their vital services running. Initially grants of up to £15,000 will be available. Priority will be given to those delivering vital services to older and vulnerable people, organisations helping to relieve pressure on public services and those co-ordinating a local community response.
How do I apply?
To help ECF understand your funding needs, please click below to access a short form. Please ensure you have read the following information before completing the form.
They will aim to respond to your request as soon as possible.
Who can apply?
- Registered charities, including charitable incorporated organisations
- Constituted organisations and non-registered charities
- Community interest companies and community benefit societies
- Non-constituted or recently established organisations that can be endorsed by a statutory body, established charity, parochial church council or parish/town council
- Parish and Town Councils (if the activity is not deemed part of their statutory duties)
- Churches and other religious organisations (if the activity is not deemed to be proselytising)
- Partnerships or organisations working collaboratively can apply. The lead applicant would need to be one of the above
What can be funded?
- Projects that have been established due to an increase in demand as a direct response to the pandemic
- Projects that have been changed, or adapted, as a direct response to the pandemic and where additional costs are being incurred
- Organisations that have experienced a loss of funding as a direct result of the pandemic including, but not limited to, general fundraising, the need to close services or postpone projects which would normally generate an income
- Organisations who have had their operations impacted by the pandemic
ECF, together with community foundations across the UK, will also be distributing funds raised by the National Emergencies Trust. Follow the link for further information on funds available or to donate to the fund please use the following link. https://www.essexcommunityfoundation.org.uk/index.php