Moving: Useful Tips to know and Questions to ask the Sellers
13 June 2018 by Marketing Team
Exciting! You’re moving house! Finally, the big day is almost here and you can begin to visualise yourself in your new home. To ensure that your move runs as smoothly as possible here are a few practical questions it may be handy to ask the seller before you and your possessions arrive on your new doorstep and you start unpacking.
- Where is the stopcock? (to shut off or turn on the water)
- Where are the gas, electricity and water meters and are there any specialist keys required to open the meter housing?
- Where is the fuse box? Are there lots of fuse controls and are they labelled?
- Where is the thermostat?
- Who are the current energy suppliers?
- Do any of the floors or surfaces need special cleaning treatments for example wooden flooring may need special care or wax.
- Are there any spare pots of paint to touch up walls, ceiling etc.?
- Will lightbulbs be left or need to be replaced?
- Which day is rubbish and recycling collected? What do they collect and at what time of day?
These are all things that you take for granted in your current home but when moving into somewhere new they can cause unwanted pit stops. By getting these questions asked at the first opportunity, it will make the transition into your new home much easier.