The FJG Foundation
The idea behind FJG Foundation is simple. By raising money throughout the year with sponsored events and fundraising initiatives, the FJG Foundation can support and make a positive difference to more worthy causes than ever before. All of the money raised by the FJG Foundation will go back to the communities in which we operate.
To start with, please take some time to read through our objectives; as this this will give you an idea of who we would like to help, and why. If you would like to apply for a small grant (typically between £250-£500), first make sure you meet the application criteria, and then follow the procedures outlined on the ‘apply’ for funding tab.
If you would like to see who has donated, or if you would like to read about some of the fund-raising activities that we will be involved in, then please take a look at the tabs across the top of this page. The tabs above will also give you some information about the FJG Foundation Trustees, the objectives of the Foundation; and how you can donate too.
We are fully registered with the UK Charities Commission. Our registration number is: #1153469.
The FJG Foundation Objectives Are To:
- Raise money and to provide funds to causes that meet the application criteria of the Foundation.
- Help those who inspire children and young people through sporting and recreational activities.
- Assist those who seek to improve the quality of life of disadvantaged children; as well as young people through sport and recreational activities.
- Help those who support and assist in the development of sporting and recreational amenities, in the local community.
Take a look at the up and coming events for FJG Foundation…
Race Night, Friday 18th October 2019, tbc
Other up and coming events in the Colchester area…
Colchester Youth Awards “Our Youth, Their Future”, tbc – click here for more information
How to apply for funding
First, make sure that you meet the funding criteria below. If you are sure that you do, then you can apply for funding by filling in the form at the bottom of this page.
Please be aware, Trustees have a wide discretion in how they choose to manage, and distribute, FJG Foundation’s funds. The FJG Foundation is governed by our Objectives and Charity Law. But the Foundation does not work on the basis of rigid eligibility criteria. We aim to fulfil our Objectives carefully and consistently. Our overreaching aim is to benefit charitable and worthy causes in our locality.
It is not necessary to be a registered charity to apply for funding. Although, we can only support your application if it meets our application criteria; as set out below.
- Donations are designed to be made to smaller community projects; with a focus on sporting and recreational amenities that are designed to benefit children, and young people.
- The Foundation will only consider appeals for donations from organisations within the Essex and Tendring areas.
- Applications must be for a project with a specific, and defined outcome.
- Donations will not be made to individuals; nor to those with an individual need.
The FJG Foundation are proud to have donated to 25 causes to date (and counting):
- St Joseph’s School.
- Dedham Primary School – Pedometer Challenge.
- St James Pre School.
- Tom Bowdidge Foundation.
- St James School – Magna Carta project.
- Papworth Trust.
- African families in the UK.
- Stubbers Adventure Centre.
- Mistley Kids Club.
- Esssex Junior Squash Club.
- Phoenix Swimming Group.
- Witham All Star Majorettes.
- Harwich Horse Rangers Association.
- Colchester Gladiators.
- Cirdan Sailing Trust – voyage of discovery fund for disadvantaged young people.
- West Mersea Cricket Club.
- Essex Boys & Girls Club.
- 1st Magdalen Wood Brownies.
- 1st Bures Scout Group.
- 2nd Langham Scout Group.
- 7th Colchester Scout Group.
- 17th Colchester Guides.
- Clacton Rugby Club.
- Little Dragons Pre-School.
- Myland Primary.
- Brooklands FC Under 9’s.
- Sponsor a Sibling.
We're proud to have sponsored the shirts for the fun soccer school held at @WestBergholtFC each week! ⚽️⚽️⚽️… https://t.co/6LMi3QEZkt4 weeks
Congratulations to #signed @EssexCricket bat #winner! 🏏🏏🏏 #raffle #charity https://t.co/nbuExNeCom2 months