The FJG Foundation
The idea behind FJG Foundation is simple. By raising money throughout the year with sponsored events and fundraising initiatives, the FJG Foundation can support and make a positive difference to more worthy causes than ever before. All of the money raised by the FJG Foundation will go back to the communities in which we operate.
To start with, please take some time to read through our objectives; as this this will give you an idea of who we would like to help, and why. If you would like to apply for a small grant (typically between £250-£500), first make sure you meet the application criteria, and then follow the procedures outlined on the ‘apply’ for funding tab.
If you would like to see who has donated, or if you would like to read about some of the fund-raising activities that we will be involved in, then please take a look at the tabs across the top of this page. The tabs above will also give you some information about the FJG Foundation Trustees, the objectives of the Foundation; and how you can donate too.
We are fully registered with the UK Charities Commission. Our registration number is: #1153469.
The FJG Foundation Objectives Are To:
- Raise money and to provide funds to causes that meet the application criteria of the Foundation.
- Help those who inspire children and young people through sporting and recreational activities.
- Assist those who seek to improve the quality of life of disadvantaged children; as well as young people through sport and recreational activities.
- Help those who support and assist in the development of sporting and recreational amenities, in the local community.
Take a look at the up and coming events for FJG Foundation…
Race Night, Friday 18th October 2019, tbc
Other up and coming events in the Colchester area…
Colchester Youth Awards “Our Youth, Their Future”, tbc – click here for more information
How to apply for funding
First, make sure that you meet the funding criteria below. If you are sure that you do, then you can apply for funding by filling in the form at the bottom of this page.
Please be aware, Trustees have a wide discretion in how they choose to manage, and distribute, FJG Foundation’s funds. The FJG Foundation is governed by our Objectives and Charity Law. But the Foundation does not work on the basis of rigid eligibility criteria. We aim to fulfil our Objectives carefully and consistently. Our overreaching aim is to benefit charitable and worthy causes in our locality.
It is not necessary to be a registered charity to apply for funding. Although, we can only support your application if it meets our application criteria; as set out below.
- Donations are designed to be made to smaller community projects; with a focus on sporting and recreational amenities that are designed to benefit children, and young people.
- The Foundation will only consider appeals for donations from organisations within the Essex and Tendring areas.
- Applications must be for a project with a specific, and defined outcome.
- Donations will not be made to individuals; nor to those with an individual need.
The FJG Foundation are proud to have donated to over 40 causes to date (and counting):
- St Josephs Catholic Primary School
- Cirdan Sailing Trust
- Colchester Gladiators
- Colchester Phoenix ASC
- St James Pre School
- Stubbers Adventure Centre
- Papworth Trust
- 2nd Langham Scout Group
- 1st Bures Scout Group
- 1st Magdalen Wood Brownie
- Mistley Kids Club
- Essex Junior Squash
- AA+ Up
- Harwich Horse Rangers
- Magna Carta Schools Project
- 17th Colchester Guide Group
- Witham All Stars Majorettes
- Brooklands FC Under 9’s
- Tom Bowdidge Foundation
- Essex Boys & Girls Clubs
- AFI UK
- West Mersea Cricket Club
- 7th Colchester Scout Group
- Clacton Youth Rugby
- Little Dragons Pre School
- Myland Primary School
- Kids Inspire
- Brighter Opportunities through Supported Play
- 9th Colchester Scout Group
- Runnymede Swimming Club
- Downham Primary School
- Bures Stage Society
- Sponsor a Sibling
- Basildon Girls FC
- Kids Inspire Lunch Club
- Wivenhoe Film Club
- Earls Colne FC
- Camp Jojo
- Rowhedge FC
- West Bergholt FC
- Boreham FC
We're proud to have sponsored Camp Jojo, a small #Mersea #charity that works with children who have complex needs a… https://t.co/ev4d64v3x44 months
Well done to the @ckbasildon U12s girls team who made the national semi-final at futsal earlier this month! 🏆⚽️🎊The… https://t.co/uH5EjtY4tI4 months