Rebecca Palmer qualified into one of London’s market-leading engineering, construction, and procurement practices in 2006 and has specialised in the provision of Construction Law support to all sectors of the UK construction and engineering industries ever since. Rebecca started working with Fisher Jones Greenwood in 2020 as a Consultant Solicitor alongside the Commercial Property and Dispute Resolution teams, and FJG’s Planning Consultancy service.
Rebecca provides non-contentious construction law support to developers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants, tenants, and lenders.
This can range from:
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Reporting on contract structures and administration
- Negotiation of standard form construction contracts including JCT and NEC forms
- Drafting bespoke construction and engineering contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, and all ancillary documentation
- Commenting on construction aspects of development/ funding/ sale and purchase agreements
Rebecca’s commitment to contributing to greater understanding and application of relevant law across the construction and engineering industries is demonstrated by her regular delivery of tailored training both to clients and industry groups.
The Legal 500 (2019 edition) described her as a “Leading Individual” whilst Chambers and Partners (2020 and 2019 editions) attribute to her the label of “star associate” who “gets to the crux of the issues very quickly” since one client noted, “She adds to our existing knowledge and understanding of situations … I’m really impressed with the speed with which she grasps issues”.
Rebecca is able to assist with construction law matters across all of FJG’s offices in Essex and London, as well as providing specialist support throughout the UK.
Outside of the office Rebecca enjoys running a children’s choir, being a cricket club committee member, live music, learning new crafts and playing the piano.