Richard is a Partner in our Family Law team.
He joined Fisher Jones Greenwood in June 2023 after leaving as the head of family at a smaller firm in Essex where he had been since 2017. Prior to that, Richard worked in the highly regarded family team at a well-known family law firm in Central London for nearly 10 years.
Richard qualified as a solicitor in 2003. Ever since first training at an East London firm, Richard has endeavoured to conduct as much advocacy on his cases as possible. He has been an accredited specialist member of Resolution for many years.
Richard’s main area of work is in relation to the resolution of financial claims arising out of the breakdown of relationships, for married and unmarried couples but he also has extensive experience in handling disputes regarding child arrangements and has experience of cross-border cases.
Richard also has a wealth of experience advising clients on pre-nuptial agreements and separation agreements.
His financial remedy cases often involve extensive property portfolios, pensions, business valuations and commercial property. Richard has also written widely on the property claims of unmarried couples has been quoted in the national and legal press, also delivering a webinar lecture to lawyers on legal developments.
Richard is proactive in trying to reach settlement at the lowest cost wherever possible and prides himself on providing value for money.
Richard has dealt with a wide variety of cases, examples are;
- Applying for a freezing order the same day as reading a newspaper article about the disposal at auction of a unique vintage sports car, preserving the net proceeds intact.
- Preparing a pre-nuptial agreement involving a couple intending to relocate outside of the UK shortly after marriage where the assets were £10M.
- Successfully seeking ‘recklessly misspent’ monies being added-back into the overall marital pot.
- Acting for a party in a divorce where there were businesses and properties mainly located overseas.
- Acting for parents on applications for permission to remove a child to Poland, Jamaica, Thailand, Nigeria and Republic of Ireland.
In his spare time, Richard will most likely be found in the garden or allotment. Richard plays golf and also sometimes enjoys following Spurs.