1 – Scope
All personal data that is collected, is done so in line with GDPR requirements.
2 – Responsibilities
Employees and staff of Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP who interact with data subjects, are responsible for ensuring this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention.
3 – Who are we?
We are an award winning, innovative law firm with offices throughout Essex and Central London. We’re passionate about providing our clients with the highest level of customer service and the best legal advice available. We offer a diverse range of services, all delivered by experts in their particular fields such as: Residential Conveyancing, Commercial real estate, Wills, life planning and Probate, corporate and commercial, healthcare, family, immigration, civil litigation, clinical negligence and personal injury.
3.2 – Consent
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Whenever we ask for sensitive personal data, we will always tell you why, and how the information will be used. You may withdraw consent at any time by completing a Data subject consent withdrawal form which will be provided on request.
3.3 – Disclosure
Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP will pass on your personal data to third parties, where it is relevant to your legal matter. You will have given your consent on instruction. We will not pass on your details to any third parties for marketing purposes.
3.4 – Retention Period
Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP will process personal data for as long as your file remains open; and will store the personal data for a minimum of 6 years.
3.5 – Your Rights as a Data Subject
While we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the Right to:
- Be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data that we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Judicial review – if Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide a reason why. You
have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
You, the data subject, also have the Right of:
- Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Rectification – you have the right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
3.6 – Complaints
You have the right to complain about how your personal data is processed; as well as how a complaint has been handled by Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP. If you wish to lodge a complaint you have the right to so directly with the supervisory authority; as well as Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP’s data protection representative, Paula Fowler.
4 – Online Privacy Statement
At Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP we collect and process information via our website and email, in relation to prospective clients. This also includes for the use of anti-money laundering regulations.