The International Team here at Fisher Jones Greenwood, has over 20 years experience in providing a wide range of international services. We act for businesses and individuals based in the UK and overseas.
Fisher Jones Greenwood is based in Essex and London, one of the fastest-growing regions in the UK.
Opportunities for foreign nationals and inward investors to settle and expand in the region are therefore continually growing. Our International Team are experienced in assisting foreign nationals and businesses both settle in and exploit the opportunities in the UK. We understand the transition in working and residing in different cultures can be daunting and our aim is to ensure that clients can do so as smoothly as possible whilst catering for their business and legal needs.
We also offer services to UK based businesses and individuals involved in activities and disputes in other jurisdictions. With the current global financial crisis, it is increasingly important for such businesses and individuals to seek legal advice in order to minimise their risks when dealing with overseas activities.
An example of recent transactions our Commercial Team have dealt with is as follows:
- Provided contractual advice and drafting agreements for a multimillion-pound company providing logistics services to the mining/metal trading sectors in Africa for the import and export of cargo
- Acted in the sale of shares of a multimillion USD company in the communications and business continuity sector
- Acted in the restructure of a large group of companies based in the UK and Europe
- Advised a global supplier of ventilation solutions in respect of amending their procedures as a result of the implications of the Bribery Act
- Acted for a company based in Hong Kong in a dispute based in the UK
- Acted for an exporter of plant and machinery based in Iran in obtaining business visas and other immigration issued
- Acted in international child abduction cases for applicants and respondents
- Dealt with international assets in ancillary relief proceedings
- Acted in immigration matters for entrepreneurs who have come to the UK to set up business
Whilst offering expert legal advice, our International Team, have strong relationships and links with academics, independent organisations, and practices which enable us to provide additional services to overcome difficult challenges, understand market dynamics and ensure you have the right support in order to minimise the increasing risks of investing and dealing with matters overseas. Tony Fisher, the Head of our International Team is a Fellow of the Human Rights Centre at the University of Essex and is a Member and former Chairman of the Law Society Human Rights Committee.
- Mergers and acquisitions – sale and purchase of businesses based in and outside the UK
- Restructures – the restructure of companies based in the UK and other jurisdictions
- International trade – drafting and negotiating agreements (including international distribution and agency agreements) and terms and conditions
- Litigation – acting in disputes in the UK and other jurisdictions and the enforcement of Judgments
- Business immigration – both in respect of investors and entrepreneurs
- TUPE – advice in respect of TUPE regulations and advice relating to employees
- Family – international child abduction and ancillary relief issues; and
- Human Rights – experience in bringing cases before and advocacy in the European Court of Human Rights
Please contact our International Team on 01206 835270 or email [email protected] / [email protected] for further information or advice.